Home Remedies For Allergies
Easy Home Remedies For Allergies: Simple Allergy Home Remedies & Common Allergies and Symptoms.
Allergy home remedies have been around for years and people are continuing to learn new techniques on natural remedies for allergies.
Allergy season is year round. It just depends on your kind of allergy, whether it's food allergy symptoms or environmental. As new information comes to me either through study or my own personal experience, I'll add more information and data to this page.
Home remedies for allergy are simple and can be effective for alternative relief from allergies. Success will vary from person to person. Each one of us is different so you may want to try some but not others. Keep at it and try different arrangements until you find those that fit your unique situation and work best.
Home Remedies For Allergies Relief List
- Add Tea Tree oil to a pot with hot water and breathe in the steam
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Avoid household irritants such as cigarette and cigar smoke, home cleaning products, or other chemicals that can cause an allergic reaction. If you smoke, simply go outside.
- Change your car's cabin air filter. I can almost guarantee it's dirty.
- Change your clothes when you come home
- Choose chicken over beef
- Cook with turmeric
- Drink water
- Exercise inside. Wait until evening to exercise outside.
- Get rid of carpet install and wood flooring
- Humidify the air in your home. You want a balance between too dry and too humid. Keep it at a maximum of 50% humidity.
- Keep the house fans on
- Keep your house ventilated. Open door and windows.
- Local honey or Bee Pollen
- Make sure your vacuum and air conditioner have HEPA filters
- Nettle-Peppermint Tea
- Probiotics (lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus)
- Real drinks such as fresh squeezed orange juice or lemonade
- Rinse with saline, nasal irrigation system, or use NeilMed Sinus Rinse 2Xs per day
- Shower after visiting a friend's house who has a pet
- Stay cool. Hot air means a dry sinus.
- Take a good fish oil or Krill oil supplement
- Try acupuncture
- Wash your pet once per week. Good grooming habits for your pets is a must. Use a flea comb and wash bedding once per week in hot water. Dry thoroughly.
- Wear a mask when doing yard work
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses
Herbs & Supplements You Can Try:
- Bioflavonoids (catechin and hesperidin)
- Eucalyptus oil
- Gingko biloba
- Marshmallow Root
- Milk Thistle
Healing With Essential Oils
- On Guard oil
- Oregano oil
- Red clover
Spicy Foods Such As:
- Chili peppers
- Fresh garlic
- Ginger (great for stomach aches)
Eliminate or Severely Decrease:
- Alcohol, caffeine, and dairy products
- Artificial flavors
- Food colors - My understanding is there could be close to 40 different chemicals just to make Red Dye #40.
- Red meat
MSG Can Be Found In:
- Glutamic Acid
- Hydrolyzed Protein
- Monopotassium Glutamate
- Monosodium Glutamate
- Textured Protein
- Yeast Extract
"Natural" Flavors May Go By:
- Malt Extract
- Malt Flavoring
- Natural pork, beef, or chicken flavor
- Protein Fortified
- Soy Protein
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Stock or Broth
Companies often disguise these common allergens as "natural flavors" but in reality they can contain allergy producing chemicals.
Home remedies for allergies can work but if you think you're exhibiting food or environmental allergies it's best to talk to your doctor or allergist.
These kinds of allergic reactions can be uncomfortable and in some cases you or your loved one may end up in the hospital. It's best to get professional help. The doctor or allergist can perform a series of tests to determine the root cause of the allergy and treat it accordingly.
Allergies Home > Home Remedies For Allergies
Top Of Page