Sore Throat Remedy
Sore Throat Remedy. Learn Soothing Sore Throat Remedies & Common Cold Treatment That Can Work.
Ask Your Question
When cold and flu season hits, or when our kids bring some crud home, there's nothing worse than a nasty sore throat. It burns, stings, and hurts.
We don't realize how much of something we use until we can't use it anymore. Before you head off to the doctor for more antibiotics, here's a home remedy for sore throat list that every family can use to naturally relieve an aching pain.
Sore Throat Remedy Treatments
- Gargle With Warm Salt Water: The first line of defense. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to warm water and gargle for 3 - 4 minutes. Do this a couple time per day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey: Mix 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 cup of warm water and slowly drink like tea or gargle once per day if the taste is too much.
- Cayenne and Honey: Forgo the garlic and just use cayenne and honey. Boil one cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne. Yes this will burn a bit but it will start to affect the bacteria in the back of your throat.
- Chamomile Tea: Tastes great and helps with a sore throat. It's 1 bag of chamomile tea to 1 cup of boiling water. Let steep for a few minutes, add some lemon or honey and enjoy.
- Cinnamon Sticks: Great anytime but very nice when you're sick. Get 1-2 cinnamon sticks and add to 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and your choice of tea. Steep for about 5 minutes and slowly drink.
- Gargle With Baking Soda: Not only is baking soda great to increase the pH of your swimming pool but it's great for a sore throat. 1 teaspoon in warm water and gargle a couple times per day.
- Get The Cloves: They've been used for centuries and are still good today. Pop a few cloves and chew on them. They release Eugenol which is known as a natural pain killer. Finish off with a glass of water.
- Get Your Rest: Keep some orange juice, tea, or water available. Whatever you need to feel better. No alcohol or coffee.
- Homemade Chicken Soup: Good anytime but very nice when you're sick.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Great for cuts, scrapes, and a sore throat remedy. Add one capful of Peroxide and 1 capful of warm water into a cup and gargle. If the taste is too much you can add a bit of honey.
- Load Up On The Garlic: You can get garlic tablets from your health food store and take as directed. Next is to crush up a clove of fresh garlic with a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper. I actually made a video on this process that can be seen on YouTube. Mix well and slowly swallow. The honey coats the back of your throat so the cayenne can stick it. It'll burn but it also helps kill bacteria.
- Lozenges/Sprays/Cough Drop: Try the natural ones first before going to the prescription medications. Look for numbing ingredients like menthol or eucalyptus for your lozenges and hoarse voice.
- Marshmallow Root: Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dried root and 1 cup of boiling water and allow to brew for 10 - 15 minutes. Strain the slowly drink. Consult your doctor before using Marshmallow Root.
- Sage & Echinacea: An Echinacea/Sage spray can probably be found in your local health food store and is a great sore throat remedy.
- Sage: Fresh or dried, both work very well. Boil 1 cup of boiling water. Add in 2 teaspoons sage and a pinch of salt. Steep for 10 minutes and gargle when it cools down. Repeat a few times per day.
- Stay Calm & Away From Negative People: I know this might sound strange but our metal faculties are just as important as our physical bodies. Negative people can have a negative influence on us.
- Steam & Tea Tree Oil or Eucalyptus Oil: Boil a pot of water and place 3 - 4 drops of Tea Tree oil in. Place your face over the pot and cover your head with a towel. Breathe in the steam.
- Try Slippery Elm Tea: Add 1 teaspoon to boiling water. Let steep for about 5 minutes and drink. You may also be able to find slippery elm lozenges in your health food store.
Through my years of experience I've come to the conclusion that if we know how to listen to our bodies we can help them heal. Our body knows what to do and all we need to do is give it what it needs.
Allergies Home > Sore Throat Remedy
Top Of Page
Have A Story, Question, Or Comment?
If you have a question, story, or comment to share, this is the place to do it. Please be as detailed as possible. Your comments help others with similar issues. Please remember that I'm not a doctor, nor do I give medical advice. Also, short 1 - 2 sentence comments/questions will probably be deleted.